Traffic violations are not only common but often go unchecked in our country due to lack of manpower, resources and adequate technology.
However, with the introduction of the New Motor Vehicles Act of 2019, the Government of India has focused on the integration of new technology, stricter enforcement and higher penalties, to ensure improved road safety.
Online Challan Check
તમારા વાહનનો મેમો ફાટ્યો છે કે નહી ? જુઓ ઓનલાઈન
As part of its initiative to integrate technology for increased road safety and to curtail corruption, the government has also adopted various Intelligence Traffic Management Systems (ITMS) for traffic monitoring, surveillance, enforcement and penalisation.
As mentioned earlier, some larger cities are currently using high-tech ITMS suites such as those for Red Light Violation Detection (RLVD), speed violation detection, Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) and e challan. Currently, several states in India are using traffic e challan for improved tracking, better enforcement and efficient collection of fines.
Steps To Make E Challan Online Payment
Here are the steps for traffic e challan payment online:
- First, go to https://echallan.parivahan.gov.in/index/accused-challan.
- Enter your challan number, driving licence number or vehicle number on the main page.
- After you have entered the challan, DL or vehicle number, click on the ‘Get Detail’ tab.
- Now, you can see the e challan status under the challan status row. Then, click on ‘Pay Now’ under the Payment column to proceed.
- In the next step, you can select the mode of payment for paying your e challan. You can pay with a debit card, credit card or net banking. After the e challan payment transaction is completed, you receive a confirmation message on your registered mobile number along with the transaction ID. Store this information for future reference.